[OmniOS-discuss] Dell poweredge

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Fri Jan 17 15:40:33 UTC 2014

On Jan 17, 2014, at 8:13 AM, David Seira <dseira at stackscale.com> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I'm trying to install OmniOS on a Dell PowerEdge C6220 but once I select the omniOS option in the grub, then it loads the drivers and suddenly stops. It seems that there are any problem with any driver. I've tried this with the iso image and also through the pxe without any succeed.
>
> Anyone has installed OmniOS on this server?

Not OmniOS -> but I did install NexentaStor on a C6220 back in the old job.  This was for Dell themselves, and they had it configured per Nexenta's specs.

Frédéric asked you which disk controller you were running.  Luckily, you supplied the disk model, and ST1000NM0033-9ZM173 is a SATA disk, so you're LIKELY using the on-motherboard SATA controller (hopefully under AHCI and not SCU -- these are BIOS options, I think).

You should, however, look and see if you're running one of the optional RAID controllers.  Do you get any "LSI MegaRAID" text from the BIOS at boot time?  Also, what other text was shown (i.e. not just the last line) before it froze?