[OmniOS-discuss] iscsi timeouts

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Tue Jan 21 13:58:56 UTC 2014

On Jan 21, 2014, at 7:21 AM, Narayan Desai <narayan.desai at gmail.com> wrote:

> We've seen problems like this when we have a SATA drive in a SAS expander that is going out to lunch. Are there any drives showing errors in iostat -En? or any drive timeout messages in the ring buffer?

Generally speaking --> you use a SATA drive in a SAS expander at your own risk.  I used to be at Nexenta, and they would not support customers who deployed SATA drives on SAS expanders.  These days, the price delta between SAS and SATA (for enterprise) is small enough to be worth it for the headaches you avoid.