[OmniOS-discuss] iscsi timeouts

Tobias Oetiker tobi at oetiker.ch
Tue Jan 21 23:00:05 UTC 2014

Today Saso Kiselkov wrote:

> >> I guess you can check for this string at runtime:
> >> $ strings /kernel/drv/amd64/igb | grep _eee_support
> >>
> >> If it is missing, then it could be the buggy EEE support that's throwing
> >> your link out of whack here.
> >
> > Nevermind, missed your description of the KVM guests being reachable
> > while only the host goes offline... Did snoop show anything arriving at
> > the host while it is offline?
>
> However, on second thought, you did mention that you're running
> crossover between two hosts, which would match the description of the
> EEE issue:
>
> https://illumos.org/issues/3534
> "The energy efficient Ethernet (EEE) support in Intel's I350 GigE NIC
> drops link on directly-attached link cases."
>
> Anyhow, make sure you're running the EEE fix.

I think that is in

# strings /kernel/drv/amd64/igb | grep _eee_support
_eee_support

the issue manifests also on the main interface ...

the worst case scenario is, that some odd ethernet packet, present only
in the wild-west-network where this box lives is sending the
network stack into some sort of a tail-spin ...

cheers
tobi