[OmniOS-discuss] pkgsrc-2013Q4 binary packages for illumos now available

Jonathan Perkin jperkin at joyent.com
Fri Jan 24 15:38:01 UTC 2014

I'm pleased to announce that the pkgsrc-2013Q4 release for illumos
platforms is now available.  This is an alternative repository of over
11,000 binary packages built in both 32-bit and 64-bit configurations
for all illumos systems.

A quick-start tutorial is available here:

  http://pkgsrc.joyent.com/installing.html

You will notice from that page that we also provide over 10,000 binary
packages for OS X, which may be of interest to those of you who use a
Mac to connect to your illumos servers and want to use the same
package manager on both systems.

The list of major changes in 2013Q4 are here:

  http://pkgsrc-us-east.joyent.com/changes.html#major-changes-in-pkgsrc2013q4

Please report any bugs or feature requests to our GitHub issues page:

  https://github.com/joyent/pkgsrc/issues

Thanks!