[OmniOS-discuss] Set locale in zone

Mark Harrison mark at omniti.com
Wed Jan 29 19:11:58 UTC 2014

It appears that zlogin also messes with the environment, only in this
case it generates an environment with only a select few variables set
(LOGNAME, HOME, SHELL, MAIL), which leaves LANG unset (and locale uses
the environment to determine the values it prints out), so it looks
like zlogin -C is the only way to verify the locale on a zone.

As for system wide variables, somewhere like /etc/profile would
probably do the trick.

Mark Harrison
Lead Site Reliability Engineer
OmniTI