[OmniOS-discuss] Can't copy/rsync to NFS share

Matej Zerovnik matej at zunaj.si
Thu Jan 30 15:57:58 UTC 2014

Hello!!

I'm trying to setup NFS and SMB shares with ACL support and I got into
troubles...

I have a share, that is mounted to linux client over NFSv3 and to
windows client over SMB. My ACL's looks like the following:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5934229/forumi/ACL_for_share.png

What I want is to have a 755 unix permissions on folders and 644
permissions on files. User levak and root have full rights, when they
access the folder from windows. That seems to be properly configured.

Now the problem.

I tried to copy my data from one drive to another. It starts to copy,
but after some time, I start getting errors "cant create file, operation
not permitted":
`joomla/plugins/editors/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/safari/editor_plugin_src.js'
->
`/omnios/joomla/plugins/editors/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/safari/editor_plugin_src.js'
cp: cannot create regular file
`/omnios/joomla/plugins/editors/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/safari/editor_plugin_src.js':
Operation not permitted
`joomla/plugins/editors/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/safari/editor_plugin.js'
->
`/omnios/joomla/plugins/editors/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/safari/editor_plugin.js'
cp: cannot create regular file
`/omnios/joomla/plugins/editors/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/safari/editor_plugin.js':
Operation not permitted

If I cancel the transfer and start again, it goes a little further and
after some 10% more copied files, it starts throwing errors again, and
so on and so on...

The same happens if I try to copy over data with rsync... I use -var
parameters(verbose, archieve, recursive. It shows that it is coping
files, but when I look in the folder, all files start with a . and a
size of 0. After some time, it start throwing errors:
rsync: mkstemp
"/omnios/joomla/administrator/components/com_templates/.index.html.gYKDOw"
failed: Operation not permitted (1)
rsync: mkstemp
"/omnios/joomla/administrator/components/com_templates/.templates.xml.exWYLJ"
failed: Operation not permitted (1)
rsync: mkstemp
"/omnios/joomla/administrator/components/com_templates/.toolbar.templates.html.php.0bG6WW"
failed: Operation not permitted (1)
rsync: mkstemp
"/omnios/joomla/administrator/components/com_templates/.toolbar.templates.php.5wyZ89"
failed: Operation not permitted (1)
rsync: mkstemp
"/omnios/joomla/administrator/components/com_templates/helpers/.index.html.qSFt8m"
failed: Operation not permitted (1)

What is causing this? Are my ACL's wrong?

Matej

-- ------- http://www.zunaj.si - outdoor blog

--
-------