[OmniOS-discuss] system/fm/smtp-notify mailing about already-resolved events on boot

Olaf Marzocchi lists at marzocchi.net
Thu Jan 30 20:25:31 UTC 2014

I didn’t know smtp-notify but looked useful so I tried to install it.
However, it depends on sendmail and I already have postfix, that also provides a binary /usr/sbin/sendmail, so they conflict (see below).
If I install the ms.omniti package postfix (compiled for r151006 but probably fine) the conflict should disappear (its sendmail goes to opt/omni/sbin/sendmail) but then how to be sure that the postfix’s one is used?

Could give me some directions?

Thanks
Olaf

$ pfexec pkg install service/fault-management/smtp-notify
Creating Plan |
pkg install: The requested change to the system attempts to install multiple actions
for link 'usr/sbin/sendmail' with conflicting attributes:

   1 package delivers 'link path=usr/sbin/sendmail target=../lib/sendmail':
       pkg://omnios/service/network/smtp/sendmail@8.14.4,5.11-0.151008:20131204T024609Z
   1 package delivers 'link path=usr/sbin/sendmail target=../local/sbin/sendmail':
       pkg://uulm.mawi/service/network/smtp/postfix@2.10.2,5.11-0.151008:20140111T165835Z

These packages may not be installed together.  Any non-conflicting set may
be, or the packages must be corrected before they can be installed.

The following packages deliver conflicting action types to usr/lib/sendmail:

 link:
   pkg://uulm.mawi/service/network/smtp/postfix@2.10.2,5.11-0.151008:20140111T165835Z
 file:
   pkg://omnios/service/network/smtp/sendmail@8.14.4,5.11-0.151008:20131204T024609Z

These packages may not be installed together. Any non-conflicting set may
be, or the packages must be corrected before they can be installed.

$ pkg search sendmail
INDEX           ACTION VALUE                                               PACKAGE
basename        file   usr/local/sbin/sendmail                             pkg:/service/network/smtp/postfix at 2.10.2-0.151008
basename        link   usr/lib/sendmail                                    pkg:/service/network/smtp/postfix at 2.10.2-0.151008
basename        link   usr/sbin/sendmail                                   pkg:/service/network/smtp/postfix at 2.10.2-0.151008
pkg.descr       set    Wietse Venema's mail server alternative to Sendmail pkg:/omniti/network/smtp/postfix at 2.10.2-0.151006
basename        file   opt/omni/sbin/sendmail                              pkg:/omniti/network/smtp/postfix at 2.10.2-0.151006
basename        file   usr/lib/sendmail                                    pkg:/omniti/network/smtp/postfix at 2.10.2-0.151006
pkg.description set    Sendmail Utilities                                  pkg:/service/network/smtp/sendmail at 8.14.4-0.151008
pkg.summary     set    Sendmail                                            pkg:/service/network/smtp/sendmail at 8.14.4-0.151008
basename        file   etc/init.d/sendmail                                 pkg:/service/network/smtp/sendmail at 8.14.4-0.151008
basename        file   usr/lib/sendmail                                    pkg:/service/network/smtp/sendmail at 8.14.4-0.151008
basename        link   usr/sbin/sendmail                                   pkg:/service/network/smtp/sendmail at 8.14.4-0.151008
pkg.fmri        set    omnios/service/network/smtp/sendmail                pkg:/service/network/smtp/sendmail at 8.14.4-0.151008