[OmniOS-discuss] Netatalk Problems on OmniOS

Guenther Alka alka at hfg-gmuend.de
Wed Jun 4 14:00:42 UTC 2014

hello

I tried to setup netatalk (tried 3.1.0, 3.1.1 and 3.1.2) on current
OmniOS stable but failed. I have tried to compile manually and setup
with the IPS repo from mawi.uni-ulm.

With Netatalk from mawi I got errors about missing shares.
With a manually compiled netatalk I got "server version not supported"

I use a online installer that allows to compile all versions from 3.0 to
3.1.2 or that use the IPS repo mawi.uni ulm.

The installer can be downloaded (and edited)
cd /root
wget www.napp-it.org/afp

Installation can be started then via
perl ./afp 3.1.2   (compile 3.1.2) or perl ./afp 3.1.1 (use this)
perl ./afp         (use ips from mawi)

If anyone had success with netatalk, he or she may add some insights.

I have got an email from Rick that the pkgin package would work but this
is quite complicated to setup and I would prefer a way where I have full
control over the installed netatalk version.

more infos: http://napp-it.org/extensions/afp_en.html