[OmniOS-discuss] restore zones after crash

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 21:51:39 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 11:36 PM, Ian Collins <ian at ianshome.com> wrote:

> Natxo Asenjo wrote:
>

>> Hi Ian,
>>

>> On Sun, Jun 8, 2014 at 10:30 PM, Ian Collins <ian at ianshome.com <mailto:
>> ian at ianshome.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Natxo Asenjo wrote:
>>
>>         But how do I reimport the zones I had? I have the data on the
>>         same data pool, but I do not have any config files (obviously,
>>         no other backups).
>>

>>     Assuming your zone's root filesystems are intact, have you tried
>>     configuring the zones and then attaching them?
>>

>> yes, I tried zonecfg -z zone1 and then
>>
>> zonecfg:zone1> create -a /tank/zones/zone1
>> invalid path to detached zon
>>

> No, I was referring to "zoneadm -z zone1 attach".  Use "create -b" in the
> config and then attach once the zone is configured.
>
> ok, sorry about that:

 # zoneadm -z zone1 attach
Log File: /var/tmp/zone1.attach_log.W.aOmh
ERROR: Failed to locate any dataset mounted at /tank/zones/zone1/root.
Attach requires a mounted dataset.
                    Result: Attach Failed.
root at zfstank:~# less /var/tmp/zone1.attach_log.W.aOmh

but according to mount, the dataset is mounted, though not in
/tank/zones/zone1/root but in /tank/zones/zone1

/tank/zones/zone1 on tank/zones/zone1
read/write/setuid/devices/nonbmand/exec/xattr/noatime/dev=185001a on Sun
Jun  8 15:01:25 2014

Is the zone fubar?

--
groet,