[OmniOS-discuss] Onboard Intel X540-T2 10gbe NIC shows 1gbit

Rune Tipsmark rt at steait.net
Mon Jun 9 23:14:21 UTC 2014

As stated above,

Got a Super Micro X9DRE-TF+ with onboard Intel X540 10Gbase-T with a cat6 cable straight into another server (with Windows) using a PCI-E Intel X540-T2 10Gbase-T as well.

Both ends are set to autosense, however only 1gbit is detected on OmniOS, I can force 10Gbit on Windows, but it won't come up because the other end supports max 1Gbit.

I tried changing link speed manually in OmniOS, no luck, says not supported.

Why does it not detect proper 10Gbit on the OmniOS end of things? Any suggestions as how to get this working?

Version is 151010 , tried reinstall already - no difference.

Venlig hilsen / Best regards,
Rune Tipsmark