[OmniOS-discuss] Onboard Intel X540-T2 10gbe NIC shows 1gbit

Ian Collins ian at ianshome.com
Tue Jun 10 01:57:17 UTC 2014

Rune Tipsmark wrote:

> As stated above,
>
> Got a Super Micro X9DRE-TF+ with onboard Intel X540 10Gbase-T with a
> cat6 cable straight into another server (with Windows) using a PCI-E
> Intel X540-T2 10Gbase-T as well.

I have the same combination of hardware (about a year old) and
everything works fine as 10G with Solaris or Illumos at either end.

 From the OmniOS end:

ixgbe1       Ethernet             up         10000  full      ixgbe1

There's a SmartOS box at the other end:

ixgbe0       Ethernet             up         10000  full      ixgbe0

--
Ian.