[OmniOS-discuss] booting from a raidz

Valrhona valrhona at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 06:37:29 UTC 2014

Is there a particular reason that you want to do this? OmniOS takes up
just a few gigabytes, and boots just fine (for me) off a USB stick. It
makes to mirror that kind of configuration, and there are advantages
to having a dedicated boot drive (since the zpool will consume the
whole disk). So I don't have an obvious usage case for a RAIDZ pool
for the boot rpool, but I very well may be missing something.