[OmniOS-discuss] How do non-rpool ZFS filesystems get mounted?

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Mon Mar 10 15:13:06 UTC 2014

On 2014-03-09 03:28, Richard Elling wrote:> The basic problem affects
other file systems, too. The general best practice
 > has always been to keep your hierarchy flat. But...

That is a strange best practice, especially given that ZFS allows
and markets the ability of hierarchical datasets. But at least in
this case, this is irrelevant since Chris's setup used datasets
living just under the pool's root. Flatter than that is a private
pool per user, which is not quite the promoted ZFS way ;)

On 2014-03-09 03:56, Chris Siebenmann wrote:
> [*: This is where I wish SMF had a way to report the full dependency
>      graph in one go in some format, so you did not have to play
>      whack-a-mole when doing this sort of thing and also potentially
>      blow up your system.]

This one immediately came to mind:
"SMF Dependency Graph Generator"
https://java.net/projects/scfdot/pages/Home
https://java.net/projects/scfdot/sources/scfdot-src/show

I am not sure how alive or functional this project is today, and on
OmniOS (or any other non-Oracle distro) in particular. But IMHO it
is the best fit to your question (says so on the label ;) ).

//Jim