[OmniOS-discuss] Reproducible r151008j kernel crash with ZFS pools on iSCSI

Chris Siebenmann cks at cs.toronto.edu
Mon Mar 10 16:10:40 UTC 2014

| In short: when reproducing the bug, try something like "vmstat 1" in a
| separate SSH shell, to see if your available memory plummets when you
| disconnect the devices and/or the "sr" (scanrate, search for swapping)
| increases substantially.

 'vmstat 1' shows no sign of this. sr is flatlined at zero all through
and free is basically frozen (with roughly 39 GB free[*]). I also have
live monitoring of the user-level write rate of the IO source and it
stalls relatively early on in the process.

 To the extent that I can see anything from the call stack in the
panics, it really looks to me as if something is overrunning a kernel
stack size limit for some reason.

	- cks
[*: this is a 64 GB machine.]