[OmniOS-discuss] Networking Performance Tips on HP Microserver N40L ?

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Wed Mar 26 17:19:42 UTC 2014

On Mar 26, 2014, at 1:12 PM, Svavar Örn Eysteinsson <svavar at januar.is> wrote:

> No, the performance was a little shaky before, and after the ipf activation.
> So I just disabled the firewall part.
>
> The reason I activated the firewall is not for NAT, just to protect the box.
> As I have configured my router to portmap some ports into the HP server, and I use ipf to deny/accept by source.
> As my stupid router firewall configuration never works.

Okay.  Just checking.  I tend to use ipsecconf(1M) and drop actions for this sort of thing, but it's stateless, and it appears some of your FW rules are stateful.

Yes, bge is the driver for what you have.  I do know that bge needs some updating, but nobody's been contributing in the Illumos community on that front.

Sorry I can't be of more immediate assistance,