[OmniOS-discuss] Again: Infiniband, OVUF, subnet manager, etc. Garret?

Johan Kragsterman johan.kragsterman at capvert.se
Sun Mar 30 11:42:12 UTC 2014

Hi!

Back again with some infiniband questions:

I've been trying to read up around the "IB subnet manager" in omnios/illumos, and what I don't understand so far is, if it is included in OVUF or not...? There are very few information sources out there regarding this...

What I also THINK I understand, is that OVUF is included in the ofk package.

Or is this all libraries, no tools...? If there are tools around, pls inform me...

Anyone with information on the subject? Garret?

So why am I nagging about this subject in eternity...?

It is because I would like to implement a dual storage head failover solution with zil on IB. So I'd prefer it to be direct attach, and would like to avoid IB switches.

Best regards from/Med vänliga hälsningar från

Johan Kragsterman

Capvert