[OmniOS-discuss] CIFS with OmniOS

Dan Swartzendruber dswartz at druber.com
Thu May 8 03:00:57 UTC 2014

> On 5/7/2014 10:57 PM, Dan Swartzendruber wrote:
>>> Any documentation on getting a CIFS share working with OmniOS? All I'm
>>> finding on the web is Solaris11, which has some key things that OmniOS
>>> doesn't in smbadm, so the instructions fall apart rather early.
>>
>> OpenIndiana instructions?
>>

> None that I've found so far that seem to do the trick. Got a link?

Not specifically, no.  I'm not doing anything esoteric though.  Just this:

tank/windows/dswartz  sharesmb              name=dswartz           local

(replace dswartz by various usernames).  With the right password, our
windows7 boxes can just connect seamlessly.  I know there are much more
complex things people do, but I don't.  What specifically are you trying
to do that isn't obvious?