[OmniOS-discuss] compiling mediatomb #error "non-amd64 code depends on amd64 privileged header!"

Natxo Asenjo natxo.asenjo at gmail.com
Mon May 12 18:27:54 UTC 2014

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 11:37 AM, Lauri Tirkkonen <lotheac at iki.fi> wrote:

> On Sun, May 11 2014 21:57:26 +0200, Natxo Asenjo wrote:
> > # grep m64 Makefile
> > CFLAGS = -g -O2 -m64
> >
> > Or should I do it differently? I am not really sure ...
>
> It depends on the build system of the software you're trying to build.
> Your make output before included g++, so it is likely that you need to
> add -m64 to CXXFLAGS as well.

I finally got rid of that error using this ./configure line:

./configure "CFLAGS=-m32" "CXXFLAGS=-m32" "LDFLAGS=-m32" --exclude-youtube

The youbute line was adding the amd64 libraries for curl

Unfortunately I got some more make errors that like mediatomb related.
So I went the easy way
and tried serviio (a java based server) and it works out of the box
following their instructions
http://wiki.serviio.org/doku.php?id=howto:solaris:install) and using
ffmpeg from csw (I already had java for crashplan).

So far so good.

Thanks!