[OmniOS-discuss] Comstar Disconnects under high load.

Johan Kragsterman johan.kragsterman at capvert.se
Tue May 13 06:20:25 UTC 2014

-----"OmniOS-discuss" <omnios-discuss-bounces at lists.omniti.com> skrev: -----
Till: Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com>
Från: David Bomba
Sänt av: "OmniOS-discuss"
Datum: 2014-05-13 00:44
Kopia: "OmniOS-discuss at lists.omniti.com" <omnios-discuss at lists.omniti.com>
Ärende: Re: [OmniOS-discuss] Comstar Disconnects under high load.

Out of ~ 10 storage boxes, this is the first time we have seen this pop up.

And yes, workloads are identical pretty much.

I'll upgrade to 010 and see if that makes a difference.

Has there been any changes to mpt_sas driver in 010?

Dave

Hi, David!

Is this setup still in production? If so, do you have the possibility to take it out of production?

For me it sounds like a H/W problem, which you'll need to track down with changing/switching things around, like controllers/ports in the jbod, controllers/ports in the server, cables, perhaps backplanes in the jbod, doing zpool export/import with different configs, etc...

If you got a spare SAS controller with external ports, or/and a spare server DL180/380 G6(or similar), you can move the jbod quite easily, and in that way track down the problems.

Regards Johan