[OmniOS-discuss] dladm situation

Johan Kragsterman johan.kragsterman at capvert.se
Tue May 13 08:50:23 UTC 2014

Hi!

Got myself in a situation here...

I wanted to switch a nic, because I suspected a problem with it.

Since I know the dladm phys/link use to remember the old ones, I used dladm delete-phys to remove the old ones before I put in the new one...

The nic was an intel quad port, and I put in a similar in the same slot.

No phys...
No link...

Switched to another intel nic in another slot...

No phys...
No link...

And dladm doesn't have any feature for adding a phys...

Someone got any advice for me here...except for not doing this again...?

Best regards from/Med vänliga hälsningar från

Johan Kragsterman

Capvert