[OmniOS-discuss] DHCP server of choice for OmniOS?

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Tue May 27 01:44:54 UTC 2014

On May 23, 2014, at 3:23 AM, Steffen Kram <sk at kram.io> wrote:

> Hi Dan,
>
> I’m using ISC DHCP. It’s not a big deal to build it for Omnios. You can as well use my version or my build scripts from http://scott.mathematik.uni-ulm.de.

I ended up downloading, compiling, and smoke-testing the latest ISC DHCP without any build scripts (sorry Steffen).  Oddly enough, thanks to some work from Oracle for S11, ISC DHCP is far more suitable for Illumos and OmniOS than even I'd imagined in the first place.  It seemed to work okay for my simple smoke test, and if I don't so something more substantial in the next week, I'll give it a more thorough smoke test when we have company over to my house soon.

Would people be interested in seeing OmniOS ship with ISC DHCP?  Would people wish to be rid of the old Sun DHCP server?  (Or are there Sun Ray owners out there who use OmniOS to serve them?  IIRC, Sun Rays need the old Sun DHCP server.)

Thanks,