[OmniOS-discuss] Status of TRIM support?

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Thu May 29 09:31:58 UTC 2014

29 мая 2014 г. 0:51:18 CEST, Ian Collins <ian at ianshome.com> пишет:
>Nate Smith wrote:
>> Third on S3700. They're the best mix of price/reliability.
>>
>> Has anyone used the Seagate 600 Pro series? ST240FP0021?
>
>Only the non-pro version.  I ran a quick comparison with S3700s and
>ended up using them as cache devices.

I have a couple of ST120FN0021 used as a mirror of rpool/zil/l2arc in my brother's HP N54L rig for the past half a year. They are partitioned to use 100gb since a sibling (but unsold there) model with allegedly same internals and more overprovisioning has much better performance and reliability ratings from the vendor. Performance is still good (scrub of the 23gb full rpool completes in under 2min, reaching well over 300MB/s in peaks and averaging around 200-220 most of the time and dropping to 80-100 sometimes). Picked for low price, good promised specs, including powerloss protection. An DC S3700 seemed better but thrice the price, and a 3500 seemed subpar in reliability ratings.

Jim
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android