[OmniOS-discuss] WDC WD10EZEX problems

Carlos M. Perez cperez at cmpcs.com
Fri May 30 05:03:05 UTC 2014

Maybe I'm missing something here, but removing the jumper got the drive recognized to 3Gb, which is the maximum speed of the controller...so

Why would a firmware on a card that has a maximum speed of 3Gb be a firmware issue?  Why would it be a driver issue?  Why would the drive firmware be bad?  The jumper forced the drive to limit it's connection to 1.5Gb as it was instructed to.  Removing the jumper cleared this and allows the drive to talk at 6Gb.  Your controller is 3Gb so it's the maximum it would go anyway.  Perhaps the drive spec is available via other methods.

Are you asking these questions because you're not seeing 6Gb on the drive info?  I don't think you're going to see that with the existing controller...

Carlos M. Perez
CMP Consulting Services
305-669-1515