[OmniOS-discuss] Time zone for Quebec, Canada

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Wed Oct 1 17:09:58 UTC 2014

On Oct 1, 2014, at 11:45 AM, Simon Boulet <simon at nostalgeek.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just recently tried OmniOS r151012.
>
> In the installer, when prompted for the time zone, under America, the "Eastern Time - Ontario & Quebec - places that did not observe DST.... " time zone is a bit misleading. I believe most part of Quebec (and Ontario) do observe DST. I think the "Eastern Time - Ontario - most locations", should be renamed to "Eastern Time - Ontario & Quebec - most locations".

I believe those are generated from IANA's timezone database, which we updated for r151012.  It looks like there's been a new update post-freeze, but generally, we just compile those and run.

Here's an up to date list for Canada:  http://home.kpn.nl/vanadovv/time/Multizones.html#ca

I notice Quebec is split in three here, including one zone that does not honor DST.