[OmniOS-discuss] switching from Stable to LTS

Michael Mounteney gate03 at landcroft.co.uk
Thu Oct 2 22:38:10 UTC 2014

Thanks for the answers to my question about installing openldap-server.
As I would prefer to limit the number of repositories from which I'm
taking packages, I'm considering switching to LTS so I can take packages
from OmniTI.

I'm sure I saw somewhere how to switch from one release to another but
can't find the instructions now.  It seems to me that the process would be
something like:

clone the current BE to something like omnios-LTS.
use pkg -R /rpool/omnios-LTS er_something to switch the release of
omnios-LTS.
use pkg -R /rpool/omnios-LTS update
reboot into BE omnios-LTS

but that won't fix the zones.  I wonder if a more simple answer is to have
one zone just for openldap, on LTS, and the rest of the system on Stable,
if that's possible.

Obviously I could just reinstall but that's painful.

Any other ideas?  Thanks, Michael.