[OmniOS-discuss] KVM disk performance r151012

Jorge Schrauwen sjorge+ml at blackdot.be
Fri Oct 3 08:59:43 UTC 2014

To your first question, upgrading your zpool will probably not fix it.
If the vm is on your rpool, your old BE might also become unbootable
(due to feature flag changes!) so watch out.

Actually this reminded me of '[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS r151012 vioblk not
working with ISO' When I fell back to ide mode it would still sort of
hang for hours. Switching back to 010 did make it boot on ide, still
taking ages so I attributed it to OmniOS on OmniOS+KVM was just a bad
idea and I found an alternative.

But that detour aside... do you have the windows virtio drivers
installed?
If not, try installing them and switching your nic to virtio.

Jorge