[OmniOS-discuss] Building CalendarServer fails for GSSAPI

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Sun Oct 5 12:19:34 UTC 2014

On Sun, 5 Oct 2014 13:56:24 +0200
Olaf Marzocchi <lists at marzocchi.net> wrote:

> I am preparing a server based on OmniOS and I would like to offer CalDAV/CardDAV to the users. I chose calendarserver because the users use iOS, OS X, Android. I know there are other options like DAViCal, but for the time being I tried to go with Apple’s implementation.

If you fetch davical from git it works with iOS <= 7. I have no idea
about iOS 8. OSX and Android works out of the box. If you do try
davical you should search for caldavzap and cardavzap which is webapps
developed primary against davical.

> gcc: error: /usr/bin/krb5-config:: No such file or directory
> gcc: error: Unknown: No such file or directory
> gcc: error: option: No such file or directory
> gcc: error: `gssapi': No such file or directory
> gcc: error: use: No such file or directory
> gcc: error: `--help': No such file or directory
> gcc: error: for: No such file or directory
> gcc: error: usage: No such file or directory
> gcc: error: unrecognized command line option '--'

You are missing kerberos libraries

$ pkg search kerberos
INDEX           ACTION VALUE                         PACKAGE
pkg.description set    Kerberos V5 Master KDC (user)
pkg:/system/security/kerberos-5 at 0.5.11-0.151012 pkg.description set
Kerberos version 5 support
pkg:/service/security/kerberos-5 at 0.5.11-0.151012 pkg.summary     set
Kerberos V5 Master KDC (user)
pkg:/system/security/kerberos-5 at 0.5.11-0.151012 pkg.summary     set
Kerberos version 5 support
pkg:/service/security/kerberos-5 at 0.5.11-0.151012

Whether these are sufficient I don't know.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
You are a bundle of energy, always on the go.