[OmniOS-discuss] Anyone using Sun DHCP *server* still?

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Tue Oct 7 19:40:52 UTC 2014

Note:  This is the server, not the client.

I ask because:

1.) I've put in ISC DHCP server support into r151012 in anticipation of...

2.)... the impending removal of the Sun DHCP server upstream.  This removal is now under RTI review (means it's coming soon unless we find something horribly broken about it).

The current bloody cycle is leading up to r151014, which is not only the next stable, but is ALSO the next long-term support release. At this rate, it's likely to NOT have Sun DHCP.

If you have any objections to the removal of the Sun DHCP server, speak now on this list.  It's coming anyway, but if you're unduly affected by it, speaking now will allow folks to help out in any migration.

FYI,