[OmniOS-discuss] KVM disk performance r151012

Jorge Schrauwen sjorge+ml at blackdot.be
Thu Oct 9 21:31:50 UTC 2014

vioblk got included in the latest release.

However for some reason both caiman (installer) and kayak (network
installer)
do recognized virtio disk. The driver is correctly loaded. (SmartOS does
not
suffer form this, the driver code is the same)

Some debugging still needs to happen, I give it a shot but failed to
find what
was broken. There is no virtio-net driver however.

If all goes well bloody will have open-vm-tools soon so at least under
vmware
thing should work smoother soon.

Regards

Jorge