[OmniOS-discuss] Ang: backup fiber channel SAN

Johan Kragsterman johan.kragsterman at capvert.se
Wed Oct 15 04:10:17 UTC 2014

-----"OmniOS-discuss" <omnios-discuss-bounces at lists.omniti.com> skrev: -----
Till: <omnios-discuss at lists.omniti.com>
Från: "Matthew Lagoe"
Sänt av: "OmniOS-discuss"
Datum: 2014-10-15 02:18
Ärende: [OmniOS-discuss] backup fiber channel SAN

Has anyone ever done async backups of a fiber channel san to omnios and has any recommendations on how to accomplish this?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Yeah, I do that all the time.

I use omnios both as a SAN Storage controller, and as a SAN backup server. I use comstar on the backup server to provide LUN's to send backups to, both to the SAN Storage controller, and to the hosts. From the Storage controller I send mainly snapshots, and from hosts I can send both snapshots and use file backup services of any kind.

Johan

Thanks