[OmniOS-discuss] BCM57810 bnxe driver

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Mon Oct 20 12:43:43 UTC 2014

> On Oct 20, 2014, at 3:01 AM, Hafiz Rafibeyli <rafibeyli at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello guys,
>
> have a trouble with Broadcom NetXtreme II BCM57810 10 Gigabit Ethernet on latest Omnios r151012,nic not recognized
>
> according http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Ethernet+Networking BCM57810 is supported on Openindiana since oi_151a7,
>
> anyone using BCM57810 on Omnios or on Openindiana? or howto install BCM57810 driver on Omnios?

That card is currently driven by the old closed-source "bnxe" driver.  It's likely your model is just too new for the old driver. There IS more modern open-source code for it, which was under review, but suffering a bit due to the lack of reviewers, and testers.  Can you please utter "prtconf -v | grep pciex14e4" and share with me what you find?  If it matches one of the newer /etc/driver_aliases entries for this WIP, I might be able to help.

Are you willing to volunteer and test the newer open-source bits of it?  This week is shaping up to be busy for me, but I MAY be able to squeeze in building it and having you try it out.