[OmniOS-discuss] Serving multiple OmniOS releases from one Kayak server

Eric Sproul eric.sproul at circonus.com
Tue Oct 21 18:55:41 UTC 2014

Hi,
Just wanted to share something I came up with a couple months ago:
http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/KayakMultiRelease

At Circonus we run LTS on our infrastructure, but need to install
machines at different releases for build automation and testing.  I
set up our Kayak server to serve LTS, current stable and bloody,
allowing me to choose at PXE-boot time which release to install.  It
works well, but does require manually moving the kayak-kernel files
around and editing the GRUB config, though someone clever could
probably figure out a way to make it easier.  I'm not sufficiently
motivated to do that right now.  ;)

Enjoy,
Eric