[OmniOS-discuss] Ang: Re: Ang: Re: infiniband

Johan Kragsterman johan.kragsterman at capvert.se
Fri Oct 24 11:17:39 UTC 2014

-----mir at miras.org skrev: -----
Till: Johan Kragsterman <johan.kragsterman at capvert.se>
Från: mir at miras.org
Datum: 2014-10-24 11:53
Kopia: omnios-discuss <omnios-discuss at lists.omniti.com>
Ärende: Re: Ang: Re: [OmniOS-discuss] infiniband

On 2014-10-24 08:37, Johan Kragsterman wrote:

> Hi, Michael!
>
> Interesting! Do you have any links to discussions or documentation of
> that?

See this thread:
http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/19789-Infiniband-40gbps-capped-at-12-5gbps

Thanks, Michael!

Well, I can only find one person in that thread that BELIEVES that running SM on a switch is preferable to run OpenSM software. He hardly comes with any documentation of this, and I can't see any other that agrees...

But of coarse, if you provide too little resources for OpenSM it will cause problems, or if you have any problems with the S/W or the configuration...

Rgrds Johan

----

This mail was virus scanned and spam checked before delivery.
This mail is also DKIM signed. See header dkim-signature.