[OmniOS-discuss] include path : is there such a thing?

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Tue Oct 28 01:48:53 UTC 2014

On Tue, 28 Oct 2014, Mayuresh Kathe wrote:

> Okay, got it working by manually copying the libdb.x files from
> /opt/omni/lib to /lib directory.
>
> But somehow, it doesn't feel like a proper/elegant solution.

Ugh!

For my own purposes I use a config.site file (e.g.
/usr/local/share/config.site) which supplies autoconf (`configure')
defaults for a given installation prefix tree.  I make sure that it
injects suitable LDFLAGS (e.g. LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib
-R/usr/local/lib") into the configure script.  The required options
depend on the compiler's defaults.

The above works well (like magic!) for the typical package with a
configure script but not likely for packages depending on something
like cmake.

This approach allows providing defaults on a per installation prefix
basis so different installation prefixes can use different compilation
options and libraries.

I am happy to share ...

Bob
--