[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS r151014 is now out!

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Fri Apr 3 01:58:26 UTC 2015

Say hello to OmniOS r151014:

	http://omnios.omniti.com/wiki.php/ReleaseNotes/r151014

I won't go over all of the release notes here, but I will say to FOLLOW THE UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY.  People who upgrade must make sure they don't run into the too-many-BEs problem (more than 40, worry about it), AND make sure they update the signature policy when they reset the "omnios" publisher.

OmniOS r151014 is not only the next Stable release, it is also the next Long-Term Support release.  Because '014 is the next LTS, during at least its first six months, it MAY receive more than usual amounts of updates (i.e. not just security patches) in order to insure its longer-term stability (additional devices, for example).  Soon the r151015 bloody cycle will begin, in preparation for this fall's r151016 (next Stable) release.

Thank you to the OmniOS community for your feedback, and support!
Dan McDonald -- OmniOS Engineering