[OmniOS-discuss] New MB

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Sat Apr 4 18:45:03 UTC 2015

On Sat, 4 Apr 2015 11:02:10 -0600
Warren Marts <protonwrangler at gmail.com> wrote:

> Fascinating product - I don't know if you've spoken with your Supermicro
> representative, but I see it has non-standard form factor and power supply
> connectors.

For formfactor (8.3x6.7) I think it boils down-to that it is larger than
mini-itx (6.7x6.7) and lesser than mATX (9.6x9.6). So given a U1-4 with
space for at least mATX should suffice.

As for the power supply the one used in CSE-801LTQ-R406B is PWS-406P-1R
which can be seen here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817377063 which
apart from a 24 pin connector and a 2+4 CPU (+12V at 33A) as well as a 4
pin standby (5V Standby at 3A). You could by the Supermicro for safety but
it should be possible to find another PSU with the given specs in
standard ATX format.

> There's 10Gb ethernet supported with some sort of proprietary card in the
> server chassis.

I guess it is and add-on PCIe card.

--
Hilsen/Regards