[OmniOS-discuss] Internal pkg error during a test r151010 to r151014 upgrade

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Tue Apr 7 04:51:47 UTC 2015

7 апреля 2015 г. 3:32:23 CEST, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> пишет:
>Thank you for that detailed analysis. I have massive context switching
>happening later this week, and again next week, but I want to remember
>this so I can do something about it.
>
>Thank you again,
>Dan

Chris, about a month or two ago i replied on an illumos-related list regarding a similar problem (maybe this popped up for hipster users more than once). Searching for those might add more details to your context ;)

Short story is that /opt is part of a namespace managed by the Solaris packaging and as such is part of a BE fs tree. If you have privately managed packages under certain subdirs, turn those sub-dirs into separate datasets instead.

Alternately see my write-up on split-root installs (in OI wiki), i have some script scaffolding (now on github) to manage similar setups and explain that in the wiki.

For now this is a bolt-on workaround. I'd be happy if someone ported that into illumos-gate properly, bugs were filed years ago ;)

HTH, Jim Klimov
--
Typos courtesy of K-9 Mail on my Samsung Android