[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS as web server: what good/best practices to follow?

Davide Poletto davide.poletto at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 15:04:01 UTC 2015

Hi Volker!

Thanks for your reassuring answer!

Regarding the apache22 I'm little bit inclined to use apache24 if I could
not use nginx instead (neither specifically due to Drupal 7 requirements
nor because apache24 is more updated than apache22 <- looking at various
publishers this isn't the case since both apache's packages refer to older
versions with respect to current Apache 2.4.12 - at least regarding the
Apache 2.4 software line).

The nginx package looks a little bit updated (looking at pkgsrc) but,
really, it's still at nginx-1.7.4 (August 2014) which is not the latest
available (nginx-1.7.12, released yesterday)

What I wrote above is not valid if I look at OpenCSW: in that case both
Apache and Nginx packages look quite updated.

Regarding the Document Root I'm glad to read that is possible to use a
dedicated ZFS dataset (in a data pool) editing the web server's
configuration file accordingly, that's what I want to do.

Kind regards, Davide.