[OmniOS-discuss] Issues about OmniOS software installation package

Volker A. Brandt vab at bb-c.de
Mon Apr 27 06:24:50 UTC 2015

Hello Nan!

> I have installed the omniOS on vagrant. For some reasons, I can't
> configure OS to visit the internet, so let's why I want to get some
> out-of-box *.pkgs like Solaris.

You need an internet connection to retrieve software from any publisher.
If your Vagrant client cannot connect to the internet, you have to find
another system that can.  There, you can copy the package repository for
the publisher you want, and then copy the repository via tar file or
rsync to your client.

As you can see, that is a bit tedious and complicated.  It would be much
better if you can fix your client's internet connection.  Then, you can
install the software you want "automatically".

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt               Consulting and Support for Oracle Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim, GERMANY            Email: vab at bb-c.de
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 46
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J.H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt

"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead"