[OmniOS-discuss] Clues for tracking down a drastic ZFS fs space difference?

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Wed Apr 29 20:12:19 UTC 2015

There was a thread late last year on the developer list that described
similar symptoms:

http://lists.open-zfs.org/pipermail/developer/2014-October/000887.html

Have you by any chance done zfs recv into this filesystem, and then further
have the async_destroy feature enabled? If so, you could possibly be hitting
this issue. zdb -bb on the pool would show an increasing amount of deferred
frees over time.

I see from a more recent message you're running a rather ancient kernel, so
you might not even have this feature. But it feels like we are in the throw
darts at the wall stage of problem solving ATM, so here you go :), good
luck.