[OmniOS-discuss] LTS just comes to a halt doing mass-copy

Michael Mounteney gate03 at landcroft.co.uk
Wed Apr 29 20:40:07 UTC 2015

On Wed, 29 Apr 2015 15:35:15 -0400
Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:

> > On Apr 29, 2015, at 3:13 PM, Michael Mounteney
> > <gate03 at landcroft.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 27 Apr 2015 18:16:11 +1000
> > Michael Mounteney <gate03 at landcroft.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > Can anyone help on this one ?  if not, is there any information
> > about when a kernel or ZFS update might be rolled in to r151014 ?
>
> If you are updated to omnios-170cea2, some ZFS fixes came in with
> that.  There are only four more ZFS changes after what you have in
> the latest '014.  It doesn't look like you're receiving from a
> version 1 (yes 1) pool, nor are you triggering any actual panics.

I'm on omnios-eb4c8f3 currently.  /etc/release has r151013.  That's
right; no panics;  all disk activity just stops.

> Here are the four additional changes not in '014:
>
> [...]
>
>     5809 Blowaway full receive in v1 pool causes kernel panic

That one looks worth waiting for.  Any idea when it (and the other
three presumably) will find their way into r151014 ?

And when they do, is there any way I can find out what's going wrong,
if the problem is still present ?  Presumably dtrace it.  Uh oh,
another technology to learn.

Thanks for your help on this Dan.

Michael.