[OmniOS-discuss] auto_master /net not allowing root permission

CJ Keist cj.keist at colostate.edu
Thu Aug 6 16:16:56 UTC 2015

Attached is picture of the NFS export options on the Dell NAS device.

The server goku, is the CentOS system which doesn't have any issues
create/deleting/modify files/folders as root both through autofs and
manually mounted.

The OmniOS system is projects2 and the IP address is the same OmniOS
system. Just testing things out there.

The FluidOS system does show that both the CentOS and the OmniOS system
are connecting through using NFS v3.

And automountd is running as root:
root at projects2:/mnt/test# ps -ef | egrep autofs
     root 19684 19682   0   Aug 04 ?           0:00
/usr/lib/autofs/automountd
     root 25158 25039   0 10:08:49 pts/1       0:00 egrep autofs
     root 19682     1   0   Aug 04 ?           0:00
/usr/lib/autofs/automountd

Not sure where userid of 99 and group id of 99 is coming from? They are
not defined in /etc/passwd or /etc/group.

C. J. Keist                     Email: cj.keist at colostate.edu
Systems Group Manager           Solaris 10 OS (SAI)
Engineering Network Services    Phone: 970-491-0630
College of Engineering, CSU     Fax:   970-491-5569
Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301

All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'