[OmniOS-discuss] openssh on omnios

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Tue Aug 11 02:49:23 UTC 2015

So I ran into the sunssh compatibility issue again on my recently
updated to 014 omnios box:

no common kex alg: client
'diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha1,diffie-hellman-group1-sha1', server
'curve25519-sha256 at libssh.org,ecdh-sha2-nistp256,ecdh-sha2-nistp384,ecdh-sha2-nistp521,diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256,diffie-hellman-group14-sha1'

I thought I'd try switching to openssh again, but unfortunately the
packaging system still says that's a no-go:

# pkg install network/openssh
Creating Plan (Checking for conflicting actions): /
pkg install: The following packages all deliver file actions to
usr/bin/ssh-add:

  pkg://omnios/network/openssh@6.7.1,5.11-0.151014:20150402T175112Z
  pkg://omnios/network/ssh@0.5.11,5.11-0.151014:20150727T054652Z

  These packages may not be installed together. Any non-conflicting
  set may be, or the packages must be corrected before they can be installed.

# pkg uninstall pkg://omnios/network/ssh
Creating Plan (Solver setup): /pkg uninstall: Cannot remove
'pkg://omnios/network/ssh@0.5.11,5.11-0.151014:20150727T054652Z' due to
the following packages that depend on it:
  pkg://omnios/entire@11,5.11-0.151014:20150727T183612Z

So you can't install openssh without uninstalling ssh, and you can't
uninstall ssh (at least without breaking the 'entire' incorporation).
Same for openssh-server.

Dan, what's the point of having openssh available as an OS package if we
can't use it :)? Any suggestions?

Thanks...