[OmniOS-discuss] stable combinations of OmniOS 151014 andNFS to ESXi and state of open-vm tools (vmxnet3)

Günther Alka alka at hfg-gmuend.de
Tue Aug 11 15:28:03 UTC 2015

In my own setups, I use OmniOS 151014 (initial release) with NFS to ESXi 5.5U2 which is very stable with vmxnet3 and e1000 (original VMware tools)
In the last time I got several mails about problems on some configurations

Stable configurations
5.5U2 + OmniOS 151014  (April)
6.00b + OmniOS 151014  (April)

problems with
5.5U2 + OmniOS 151014  (July)
6.0 initial release + NFS
6.00b + OmniOS 151014  (July)

example
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1041787564&postcount=6873 <http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1041787564&postcount=6873>

Are there others experiencing problems or stabiliy on these combinations?

beside that
Are there news about open vmware tools in OmniOS especially regarding the missing vmxnet3 driver