[OmniOS-discuss] Anyone try the new bloody ISO on OpenStack/KVM or Linux/KVM

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Fri Aug 14 14:26:14 UTC 2015

> On Aug 14, 2015, at 6:08 AM, Alexandre Lecuyer <alexandre.lecuyer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Dan,
>
> I tried to install bloody on openstack.
> The installer boots correctly from the ISO image
> If I start a shell, I can see my target install disk, and create a zpool.
> The network works fine, although I had to configure it manually
>
> However, the installer crashes with a python exception right after the "Welcome to OmniOS" screen.
>
> /usr/lib/python2.6/vendor-packages/terminalui/inner_window.py, line 318, in activate_object
> raise IndexError(err_msg)
>
> I can provide more details if that's interesting

That would be interesting.  I'm particularly interested in whether or not this python error is related to readline or not.  Until very recently, readline was accidentally not being linked with the python packages.  That has been very recently fixed, after the most recent bloody install media shipped, even.

So knowing that it's not the recently-re-added readline, I'm curious for more.

Thanks,