[OmniOS-discuss] Anyone try the new bloody ISO on OpenStack/KVM or Linux/KVM

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Fri Aug 14 15:16:29 UTC 2015

Are you using vioblk devices?  Yes.... you are:

>           /pci at 0,0/pci1af4,2 at 4/blkdev at 0,0

The installer, alas, doesn't like or recognize block devices at all.  You have to do the horrible hack of installing on a virtual scsi disk, then mirroring the blkdev after booting for real, then removing the virtual scsi disk.

Others on this list can go over the procedure better than I.  It's a bug in the installer, which is unfortunately in serious need of rework or replacement (some have suggested a kayak-based ISO/USB installer...).

Sorry I can't be of more useful assistance,