[OmniOS-discuss] strangeness ssh into omnios from oi_151a9

Richard PALO richard at netbsd.org
Sat Aug 22 06:27:40 UTC 2015

Le 21/08/15 23:12, Dan McDonald a écrit :

>> On Aug 21, 2015, at 4:37 PM, Richard PALO <richard at netbsd.org> wrote:
>>
>> There seems to be a recent regression somewhere as when I ssh in from
>> an OI machine to my bloody dev machine running recent vanilla bits, my session hangs relatively soon.
>> I'm using bash as my login shell
>
> I used tcsh as mine, and my bloody box hasn't been updated to the very latest OmniOS bits (which include that ld fix).  Did you have this problem with the current bloody repo?
>
> Dan

Well, unfortunately I don't keep around all my boot environments, but I was able to determine that
a build from 20150725 works fine but the builds I have from 20150818 and later don't.

Given I didn't necessarily update from upstream for each build, I'd say something between 15/07 and 18/08
busted something.

What made it easier for me to test was relatively simple.
1. boot test be
2. in a virtual terminal (keeping the console to check things out) ssh into OI and then back to omnios
3. cd src/illumos-gate and do a git diff with something needing a few pages of output
4. switch back to console for a few moments  and for example with ptree, find the pid of git invoked less and pstack it
5. switch back to vt which should now be hung (if on a broken be).

Perhaps someone has a means to reproduce this and identify with more precision when/why things went awry.

--
Richard PALO