[OmniOS-discuss] strangeness ssh into omnios from oi_151a9

Eric Sproul eric.sproul at circonus.com
Mon Aug 24 16:05:20 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 10:35 AM, Richard PALO <richard at netbsd.org> wrote:
> The machines do not belong to the same subnet.  They are physically remote
> and the omnios machine is behind a router with port forwarding.
> The OI machine *is* multihomed, though.
> What strikes me most is that previous versions of omnios (and the gate)
> worked fine, it is only now I just happened to come across this PITA-ful issue)
>
> What could cause this difference in treatment, and is OI at fault or recent gate?

What you describe sounds network-related, perhaps just a coincidence
that it happened "recently".  However, it also sounds like the
behavior changes depending on whether you use an older BE or a newer
one, so that makes it seem *less* likely that it is an issue with the
network.  I might still try to packet capture both working and
non-working ssh sessions and compare them.  I would also double-check
that your omnios BEs don't have something like ipfilter enabled or
perhaps some kernel tunable that you changed but might have forgotten.

Eric