[OmniOS-discuss] sudden loss of networking

Michael Mounteney gate03 at landcroft.co.uk
Thu Jan 1 09:09:06 UTC 2015

Just for the record, I now believe that the cause of the problem is
excessive heat.  The server is located in a domestic garage in
Brisbane, Queensland, and the addition of a larger UPS to the rig has
increased the amount of heat in there.  The server began to suffer from
loss of disk drives (i.e., any activity involving the disk would hang)
but hasn't faulted since I took measures to keep the temperature down.

Thanks to Dan for his suggestions.

Michael.