[OmniOS-discuss] state of building illumos-gate on omnios-stable

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Sat Jan 3 03:39:41 UTC 2015

So I've gotten my illumos-omnios build zone going, with the following
changes from stock illumos.sh:

47,48c47
< export NIGHTLY_OPTIONS='-FnCDAlmprt'
---
> export NIGHTLY_OPTIONS='-nCDlpr'
60c59
< export GATE='testws'
---
> export GATE='illumos-omnios-5410.5412'
63c62
< export CODEMGR_WS="$HOME/ws/$GATE"
---
> export CODEMGR_WS=/code/work/$GATE
109c108
< export PARENT_WS=''
---
> export PARENT_WS=$CODEMGR_WS
112c111
< export CLONE_WS='ssh://anonhg@hg.illumos.org/illumos-gate'
---
> export CLONE_WS=$CODEMGR_WS
187c186
< # export PKGPUBLISHER_REDIST='on-redist'
---
> #export PKGPUBLISHER_REDIST='omnios'
231a231,240
> export __GNUC=''
> export __GNUC4=''
> export GCC_ROOT="/opt/gcc-4.4.4"
> export CW_GCC_DIR="$GCC_ROOT/bin"
> export CW_NO_SHADOW=1
> export ONNV_BUILDNUM=151012
> export MULTI_PROTO=yes
> export RELEASE_DATE=2014.12.19
> MAKEFLAGS=k;    export MAKEFLAGS
> ONLY_LINT_DEFS=-I${SPRO_ROOT}/sunstudio12.1/prod/include/lint; export
> ONLY_LINT_DEFS

All seems to work ok, except for a failure in the package build section:

==== package build errors (non-DEBUG) ====

dmake: Warning: Command failed for target
`packages.i386/system-boot-network.dep'
dmake: Warning: Target `install' not remade because of errors

I'm not actually using the packages so it doesn't really impact my use
case if one fails to build, but any thoughts on why? I'm at:

commit 5cc1c75be11cdbfccae217ada6811ad7e60ff1a6
Merge: eb4c8f3 a846f19
Author: Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com>
Date:   Fri Dec 19 14:09:03 2014 -0500

    Merge branch 'upstream'